As you are running, you have a view tactics that may help
- The Sensenmann does not overtake you, if you do not slow down. Jump over bushes and dead trees to keep your speed!
- By holding shift, you can see how close he is. If you have a stone, you can throw it at him using left-click. He’ll get startled for a moment
- On straight pathways, it is advised to use your running shoes. That way you’ll gain speed for a moment.
- Pickup stones and shoes by running over them
I advise you to do the tutorial first. It is short, sweet and forgiving 😁
How far can you go until you meet your faith?
Extra info for curious people
Here is some extra info, it is not required to play the game 🙂
Known bugs (or features??):
- Sometimes, the game just stops working. Really frustrating, I am sorry if that ruins a perfect run 😕 Maybe the Sensenmann did that!
- Yea, I know: you can draw all over the game-window when designing your tombstone, I would say: have fun with it haha
- Pseudo-random level generation, that actually works!
- Throwing objects
- All the graphics have been made by myself, meaning that I didn’t have to opt out
- There is a seed-mode added just one hour before submission
- The system of uploading tombstone-locations and putting them in the game (with design and all) is just SO AWESOME! That was an idea I had all weekend and I was only able to implement it in the last six hours, as the code was ready enough at that point.
- There are actually nightly builds availible, check my website to see all 16 of them :-) The previous jams I would lock myself in (socially) until the game was finished. Now I made sure to give playable versions to everyone who wanted to test it.
If you find any tombstones with inappropriate drawings on them, please let me know (screenshot to
firstname.lastname@example.org email@example.com). I can set a flag to disable the design for that stone.
Play the game here!